How do you take care of the tools that you use for cleaning? This is a question I’ve been curious about over the last couple days since currently going through a cleaning phase. To up my cleaning skills, I’ve been searching online for tutorials and discovered an amazing YouTube channel called Clean My Space that published a video titled “7 Expert Cleaning Tips You Need to be Using”. After watching the video, I’m now applying the cleaning techniques to maintain and take care of my home cleaning tools.
- Brushes (with Oxiclean) Mix oxiclean and hot water (check manual for right ratio) and then toss your brushes (e.g. toothbrush, bottle brush) in the mixture and allow the bristles to soak anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes.
- Sponges Apply the same method as above (or microwave the sponge). Keep in mind that the sponge should be cleaned weekly and replaced monthly
- Cleaning Cloths. For cleaning clothes, just toss them in the washer and sprinkle with baking soda. But for microfiber, make sure to first rise them alone then place them in delicate bag. Add a little detergent, thats it. Dry them as you would (gentle cycle). Also, never use micro fiber for greasy, since it ruins the microfiber
- Mop Head. Wash and then to dry. Wash monthly.
- Broom. Remove broom from broom stick, place in bucket (with Oxiclean). Perform this maintenance every 3 months.
- Vacuum. Refer to user guide (or manual), but few good general tips for maintaining include: empty on the regular basis, wash the filter (especially for HEPA vacuum), and lay the entire vacuum flat for 24 hours and cut up stuff that gets tangled in the brush, using warm soap and water and allowing let them rest for 24 hours to let them dry